Look younger with no downtime.
A few years ago, much of the focus of treatments like dermal fillers and botox was aimed at women. Nowadays, we are seeing a tremendous surge in rejuvenation treatments for men. Some men simply want to look their best, look younger, or get a competitive advantage in the workplace. Dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, or Sculptra provide volume to soften folds or fill in hollows that develop in the face over time. They are extremely popular treatments among men because these “lunchtime” procedures offer instant effects, no downtime, and very little discomfort.
Some of the most requested areas for treatment with fillers in male patients include:
- Undereye hollows or dark circles
- The folds along the side of the mouth that run from the nose to the mouth that get deeper with time (the “parenthesis” lines, nasolabial folds, or smile lines”
- Deeply etched forehead lines
- Reshaping of a sagging or less prominent jawline
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty to straighten, lift, or soften a bump on the nose
- Non-surgical chin augmentation
- Correction of the temple area to address a receding hairline
We understand subtle, extremely natural improvement is of paramount importance in men.
Dr. Annie Chiu and The Derm Institute team is dedicated to a low pressure, educational environment to help our male patients achieve their skincare and anti-aging goals. We understand subtle, extremely natural improvement is of paramount importance in men. Dr. Chiu is uniquely qualified as an expert master injector, understanding important differences the use of fillers for men and women:
- Men in general have thicker skin, requiring more robust fillers for correction
- Key treatment areas in men differ in that men typically prefer a lower brow, less cheek prominence, and a more squared off jaw
- Subtle and natural is key, and leaving some fine lines in men is important to still convey masculinity along with youth
- Afraid of needles? Dr. Chiu is an expert in minimal pain, low downtime needleless micro-cannula techniques.
There are typically numbing agents premixed into the filler, and we also use a topical numbing cream, making injectables very well tolerated procedures. Even under eye fillers have little or now pain involved.
There is rarely swelling or bruising for 2-7 days after the procedure. Redness in the areas treated can last a few hours on the first day. Tinted moisturizer or light cover-up can typically cover any minor redness.
Duration of results depends on the type of filler being used, but it ranges from 6 months to 2 years.
Very, very rarely are patients unhappy with their filler treatment. However, at The Derm Institute, we are the experts in dermal fillers and sometimes need to help patients who come in to see us after a filler is injected poorly or too superficially by an outside clinic with inexperienced practitioners. Hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane and Juvederm can easily be corrected and dissolved in 24-48 hours, and your skin will return to baseline. Radiesse and Sculptra are not reversible, but we can help evaluate problematic cases and work with you to find the best solution.
Under eye fillers and other dermal fillers varies in cost from patient to patient, and a complete consultation is needed to determine pricing. Typically, longer lasting fillers will be more costly than fillers that last a shorter time.
Gradually, your body will reabsorb the filler (with the exception of Sculptra), and your wrinkles and folds will return to baseline. It does not worsen any wrinkles with use. Please refer to our Pre and Post Filler Directions for best results and what to expect. The improvement and results are instantly seen!
Call us today at (310) 939-9800 for a personalized consultation to increase your confidence.