Acne scars, stretch marks, fine lines, alopecia, the list goes on and on. All these are common frustrating skin issues that many people want to improve. Along with the long list of skin issues comes an equally long list of treatment options. There is a new, gentle, and affordable technique that has proven to be beneficial for treating a range of these issues, including stubborn acne scars as an affordable adjunct or substitute for lasers and chemical peels.
The Dermaroller, a dermal rolling needle device, has been around for some time, and recently has been proven to achieve a higher efficacy with the rejuvenation of collagen to help assist in the treatment of acne scars, stretch marks, and even alopecia. The treatment is referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy, or microneedling. This type of treatment has been proven to aid with neocollagenesis, basically rejuvenating the collagen in areas where it has been depleted or injured such as scars and stretch marks. Microneedling devices improve texture and tone by inducing teeny microinjuries to the skin. This process triggers new collagen formation, the release of growth factors, and increased blood flow to bring nutrients to the skin. It has also been shown to help in skin rejuvenation especially when used in conjunction with good skincare products to improve their penetration, and can even be utilized in office to improve delivery of peels or pigment lightening products.
Recent published studies show in-office treatments performed every two weeks can improve pitted, boxcar acne scarring comparable to laser treatments at a much reduced price point.
Dermarollers come in all different sizes.Leave the large sized ones to a medical professional at our office, where we also have the Rejuvapen, an advanced device that microneedles at a faster rate. The Derm Institute believes that the most effective treatment combines both in office treatment and at home maintenance.
Ten Reasons to Choose Dermaroller Collagen Induction Therapy
- Causes new collagen formation and repair by stimulating the dermis
- It can be used on all varieties of skin, even darker skin types or those with sensitive skin!
- Treatment completely preserves the epidermis, minimizing downtime and side effects
- Can be used on patients who have had laser resurfacing treatments or in conjunction with laser treatments, peels, or pigment brightening treatments
- Comfortable procedure
- Can be performed on areas of skin where laser treatments cannot reach, such as the delicate fine-line areas around the eyes or stubborn vertical “smokers lines” around the mouth
- Only 24-48 hour healing time
- Improves the penetration of active topical products applied to the skin
- You can use a dermaroller at home
- It is extremely cost effective
The Derm Institute has added Collagen Induction Therapy for patients looking for either additional adjunctive treatment to lasers and peels or who want a very minimally invasive form of treatment that produces clinically significant esults, and still be budget conscious. Please don’t hesitate to call the office or contact us here to learn more about this treatment. The Derm Institute also offers dermarollers for home use in our Skin Boutique. These personal sized dermarollers are easy to use and can benefit patients in-between treatments for faster and better results, or to augment any anti-aging and anti-pigment or skin lightening regimen. Come and see for yourself soon!
Before & After
. . . Shared by the TDI team