Winter season is a time where cooler weather means dry skin and the weather can take a toll on our skin. The best way to avoid total damage to your complexion is to have these 5 winter essentials at home. They are a sure fix to keep your skin hydrated and radiant during the winter.
1. Moisturize – Changing to a more hydrating moisturizer with ingredients like Vitamin E, Vitamin c, and sodium hyaluronate can help keep your skin looking quenched. Our favorites are SkinCeutials’ Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 , SkinMedica’s Dermal Repair Cream, and even Medimetriks’ Niseko Hydrating Moisturizer.
2. Use a Serum – Hyaluronic acid serums help draw water to the skin, keeping skin hydrated and not flakey. For an added anti-aging benefit hyaluronic acid serums, like Alphaeon’s Teoxane RHA Serum or Skinlab’s Dew Drops help boost collagen and minimize fine lines.
3. Drink Plenty of Water – Keep your skin healthy and refreshed by drinking plenty of H2O Staying hydrated keeps your skin glowing and less parched.
4. Exfoliate – Winter exfoliation is a must do! Polish and refresh your skin this winter. Exfoliating in the winter is key to allowing cell renewal and decongest the skin. Be careful to avoid over exfoliating, you don’t want to dry out your skin. Using products like Skinlab’s Weekly Peel Pads, Medicated Glow Pads, and Exfoliating Glycolic Cleanser can keep you on the right track.
5. Treat Your Lips – Primp your pout! Your lips need love too. Using products like Coola’s Liplux balm can keep them looking hydrated and fresh.
6. Hydrate your Body – Keep the dry skin away by using products like Avene’s Xeracalm Moisturizing Lotion to quench and smooth your dry winter skin. Skinceuticals’ Body Tightening Concentrate has some great skin tightening benefits too!
Keeping a good regimen that hydrates your skin is key to winter skin survival. Do not hesitate to stop by the office and discuss you skincare concerns and needs with one of our product experts here at The Derm Institute!
…Shared by Your TDI Team