Often times our bathroom cabinets and drawers are overstuffed with random skincare. With so much out there, how do you know what to do to put together a great skincare regimen? Follow the TDI skincare guideline below and see how it only takes 5 key skincare products that are essential to a science based and transformative regimen that can have great results for your skin.
- PROTECT: Start with a sunscreen. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends daily use of a broad spectrum sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30. This is the very basic building block of any skincare regimen no matter where you live.
- TRANSFORM: Use a topical retinoid, like Renova to target fine lines and smoothing overall skin appearance.
- BRIGHTEN: Antioxidants are a vital component to any skincare regimen. They provide protection against free radical damage ( like from pollution) and also protect against photo damage. A high quality Vitamin C is an essential for any age. We love SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic and C+ AHA
- POLISH: Hydroxy- Acids are essential for seekers of glowy, and dewy skin. Hydroxy Acids are exfoliators that break down the glue between dull dead skin cells to reveal a brighter, and even skin tone.
- BOOST: Want to really take your anti-aging skincare to the next level? The latest science offers growth factors to boost collagen and elastic tissue production for firmer, lifted, and more youthful skin. We love SkinMedica’s TNS Essential Serum, which has been a MUST in Dr. Chiu’s own medicine cabinet for over 5 years.
Kick of your spring with a new skincare regimen that targets all of your needs. Still unsure about what products to use? Schedule an appointment at The Derm Institute for a Personalized Skin Health Consult
…Shared by your TDI Team