Lift Sagging Skin with INFINI Microfocused Radiofrequency
“I can’t stand to look at my neck”. These words are uttered by countless women every day. As a dermatologist, I hear it—day in and day out. In a lot of ways, I have felt a little helpless because thus far technology for skin tightening has been inconsistent, costly, and unreliable.
Things are changing in 2016, as we introduce Lutronic’s INFINI High Intensity Focused Radiofrequency to tighten skin, lift jowls, address radial smile lines, reduce pore size, and soften acne scarring. INFINI combines deep microneedling technology with radiofrequency heat to induce neocollagenesis or new collagen production. I often describe the process to be similar to taking a pair of wet jeans and throwing them in the dryer—thermal radiofrequency literally encourages new collagen fibers to tighten and shrink, resulting in a less tired, more youthful appearance.
So what makes INFINI groundbreaking? Predictable results. Other tightening devices on the market, including thermage, titan, exilis, ulthera are completely non-invasive. Meaning an applicator is applied externally to the skin, hoping to lift or tighten its target collagen layers deeper in the skin. Because the source of the energy is so far from its target (dermal collagen) when it’s applied outside the skin, some people get results, others are frustrated with no noticeable improvement. INFINI for the first time utilizes microneedles to penetrate past the outer layers of the skin, and predictably brings thermal radiofrequency energy to the exact target depth of the deeper skin layers for optimal new collagen stimulation, tightening, and improvement.
We are super excited about this bringing yet another state-of-the-art next level technology to our TDI patients. Call to chat with us more about it! Here’s the quick 4-1-1 . . .
What does INFINI treat?
- Neck and jawline laxity and sagging.
- Treat accordion-like cheek smile lines.
- Tighten and rejuvenate the face to give a firmer, smoother appearance with diminished fine lines.
- Acne scarring. We have seen results comparable and sometimes even better than fractional laser resurfacing.
How many treatments do I need?
- INFINI procedures take approximately 30 minutes
- Although some patients see results with 1 session, we recommend optimal sessions of at least 2-4 depending on your individual condition.
What is the downtime?
- Most commonly, redness and swelling occurs for 1-3 days